13 August 2012

Paddling from Kibbee creek to Isaac lake

Today was huge; we paddled from orientation at 9am to 7.30pm, this meant we paddled across Kibbee lake, Indianpoint lake and half way down Isaac lake.  The campsites from the start of Isaac lake had been full so we had no option but to carry on and arrived at camp 21 on Isaac lake just before a huge storm. We were all tired and soaked but had to get the tents put up promptly and our waterproofs on.


I felt much better after having some food and with the campfire roaring we dried off quite quickly. Bed by 8.30pm and the best nights sleep I have had in Canada so far.  










The beauty of the Bowron lakes is hard to describe.  I loved Isaac lake it was so huge and peaceful. My friend Jenny said it looked like we were paddling through the sky and I think that's a pretty good description, as the water was so still and the reflections flawless.


No comments:

Post a Comment