26 April 2012

More training and a few set-backs

My training schedule has continued well in March with some warm-up walks in the Purbeck Hills, I completed 7-8 hour treks through farmland, woodland and then camped out. Successful all round and my pack performed well so feeling pleased!

Just before Easter I headed up to Coed y Brenin in Wales for a biking and walking weekend. 




I cycled on the saturday and then walked one their strenuous routes - the Gain Waterfall trail on the Sunday morning before driving the 6 hours home!  The walk was supposed to take 2 hours; I was well under that and feeling strong, so clearly all the training has been helping. It's a great walk, although the harvesting taking place was a bit messy in places...lots to see and very peaceful.

Gain Waterfall Trail route - website link


A few set-backs

I have been poorly with 'flu so haven't been out walking or training for four weeks now and have not felt up to doing much planning either.  Hope to be back out there soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep training when you can, will all be worth it when you are getting eaten alive by horseflies and mosquitoes in the Canadian Wilderness!

    ReplyDelete